Photography is a great excuse to leave your house and go somewhere new. The mountains, ocean, sunsets, deserts, and city skylines all look fantastic in photographs, but that means you have to go on an adventure to find them. In my opinion, there are a few things that you absolutely need for the sake of comfort and preparedness before you go on a photo adventure:
- Camera. Duh. This one and this one are great, and a GoPro is always a good idea.
- Hiking boots. More than likely, you will be climbing some stuff. I wear mine everywhere, because you never know just where you will be stomping around!
- Camera backpack. This one is cheap and hold a lot of stuff- multiple lenses, personal items, the camera itself, and even has pockets for extra memory cards and batteries.
- An adventure buddy. Make a friend from school or work, or adopt one.
- A fully charged phone. Going places can result in getting lost. Don’t be that guy who gets stranded in the woods for a week and has to survive with the help of local monkeys.
Of course, there’s a lot more that you will need based on where you’re going and what you’re doing, but these are the essentials to get you by until you figure out how high maintenance you are!