Editing is that one part of photography that we all kinda hate but very much need to do. Whether you’re willing to commit some serious cash for professional software or need something quick for your Instagram posts, here’s some suggestions to get your pics looking more put together!
- Lightroom is bae. Get Lightroom. Seriously, get it. It does all the things you need and it’s worth it.
- Surprisingly, Photos editing software is pretty good. If you’re lazy and don’t want to spend any money whatsoever, you can get by with the built in editing capabilities.
- VSCO. It’s worshipped and adored by Instagram addicts around the world for a reason. Try it out!
- Snapseed. It’s easy and lets you touch up blemishes without having to spend a lot of money.
- Pixlr. Great for Mac users, it lets you add an artistic flair to your images.
- Quik by GoPro. It’s great for video editing, and you can do it from your phone.
There are tons of apps out there, and a lot of them do pretty much the same thing. Explore your options, but for the most part photo editing apps are all variations of these.
Bonus tip: stop overusing Instagram filters, for the love of God. Valencia should not be set to 100 for every post. It makes you look orange and I will unfollow you. Sorry.